I can hardly believe it’s been three months since my last blog post. A lot has happened since Christmas.
- I survived Winter Quarter, hahahahahaha!
- My book is now published! Virginia Woolf and The Power of Story: A Literary Darwinist Reading of Six Novels, available through McFarland or on Amazon.
- I have started playing more gigs at the Swim Deck in Port Orchard–so grateful for the opportunity! Thank you, Dave Tagert!
- I am back in the studio as of May to record my next album, as yet unnamed. Hey, maybe that’s a good title, what do you think?
- I have a brand new music website: Click here to check it out!
- My husband and I will be going to Africa on safari this summer! Once in a lifetime trip for us, for sure. I’ve been dreaming of this trip since I was a child reading National Geographic and watching Wild Kingdom with Marlon Perkins.
That’s about all my news for now–just feeling so blessed. And looking forward into the future with great anticipation.
On a more solemn note, I must say that with everything that is happening in our country, I have been struggling to stay optimistic. I’m Just trying to focus on what is positive in my life and in the lives of family and friends, looking for ways to be of service to my community. When I get depressed about the present state of affairs, I remember what a good friend of mine told me: “if you just hang on, things will come around again. They always do.” It’s tough to remember that sometimes when things look dark, but then, I’m blessed to have a wonderful husband, fabulous friends, and a great job. So I’m not so much worried about myself, but about those who are caught up in this maelstrom, some who literally fighting for their lives. It is time for us all to join hands with them–together we are stronger!