I continue to write new music all the time! My newest tunes, “Ready to Fly,” “Dancing on the Edge” and “Leaving Mississippi” will be available on SoundCloud very soon until I can write enough to drop a new record. I can’t wait to get my third record out early next fall with all new material.
No Limits was released in October of 2017 and is available, along with my first record, Little Queenie, on Bandcamp:
I hope to release a new record every year or so, as I keep writing new songs. It is my soul’s hospital, my life’s blood. So very blessed to have the opportunity not only to write but to share my music. The songs on this record range from Americana folk and roots music to flat out Rock, a range that reflects my wide-ranging interests. I sing of love, heartache, prayer and parties. I hope you like it!
The amazing musicians that helped me to make the record a reality are: Bradly Miranda (drums and percussion); Jack Parker (lead); Brady Duncan (lead); Kyle Miller (bass); Pete Jungschafer (stand-up bass); Jon Parry (fiddle); Dave Canales (harmonica). I am also grateful to Bradly for producing and to Matthew Volk for mastering. These guys are the tops!
Little Queenie, my first CD (you can read about it below) was my first real foray into the music world as a singer-songwriter and is quite eclectic as well–I am just keeping my own tradition alive in No Limits.
2016: My brand new CD, Little Queenie, is now available for digital download ! You can also order a hard copy by August 5, 2016. I am very excited to share this music with everyone. Follow this link this link to CD Baby. You can also click here to follow me and become a fan on Reverbnation!
All of the songs are originals, written between 2013 and 2016. Each one has a unique story behind it. But the title cut is my fave: Little Queenie is my tribute to all of the strong and amazing women I have known in my life, from my mom to my colleagues and friends around the globe: You have all taught me that life is out there, waiting to be lived to the fullest! This is our time to explore and have our fun!
I would like to thank my recording engineer, drummer, and percussionist, Bradly Miranda, for his amazing work on this CD. I could not have done this without you and your constant encouragement. Monkey Trench is a great studio! Charley, the resident ghost, also deserves a shout out. If you listen closely, you just might here him in the background!
Here are the fabulous musicians without whom this CD would not have been possible:
- Aaron Williams, your help was invaluable. Awesome drum work! I can’t wait to see what your future holds as a sound engineer!
- Brady Duncan, thank you for playing lead on “Far Away” and “Nola Lullaby.” WOW–you make it look easy! And I love your harmonies, too!
- Dave Canales, your harmonica playing lifts my heart. Thank you for playing on this CD with me: I am grateful for all of your encouragement over these past few years.
- Jay Allen, you blow me away with your incredible talent: banjo, mandolin, lead guitar–what CAN’T you do?
- Jack Parker, dude, what can I say. You are a genius lead guitar player. Thank you for making my music sound good!
- Jon Parry, you flat out amaze me. Thank you so much for playing fiddle on “Tennessee Honey” and “Rebel Soul.” Thanks to you, those songs came to life!
- Ryan Taylor, thank you so much for playing resonator! You are truly gifted!
- Mike Warren and Steve Warren: thank you for all of your support and encouragement these past few years. You both taught me so very much about playing music with other musicians in a band. I don’t think I would have kept doing this if it hadn’t been for you.
My husband, Mike, continues to be my biggest fan–thank you for hanging out with me at open mics, shlepping my guitar, and just generally being a mensch. You rock!
Writing and playing music has been one of the most rewarding pursuits of my life. I have met incredible women and men who play for the sheer love of it night after night, year after year. They inspire me and encourage me to keep making music.
By next summer I will have 15 new songs ready to record. Writing, singing, and recording music are pure joy for me: this is where it all makes sense. Music creates a new world for me to step into every day, a world where I am free to fly in any direction. Music is a journey that will never stop, and I learn something new every day! I am grateful beyond measure for the love, light, and joy that music brings into my life. I can’t wait to see what lies in store!
UPDATE: Songs for Unsung Women is now available on Reverbnation and will soon be available for purchase on Amazon and other online stores. I wrote these songs for a play a few years ago, where I performed them. The CD has more of a “live” sound in keeping with the genre. I hope you like them!